Cygwin configuration trouble

From: "Sarah, Godfrey, Matthew & Vera" <kyedza(at)sdf(dot)lonestar(dot)org>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cygwin configuration trouble
Date: 2005-02-17 08:27:40
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi!

I have downloaded and installed cygwin on a windows XP machine. I have used
Johan Faxer's document on configuring cygwin.

Why don't my commands like ls -la work?
How can I make sure that unix commands in the cygwin bash shell work normally?
How do I place cygwin/bin in the winXP path? Might that be my problem?

I have used the net user postgres /homedir:"$(cygpath -w /home/postgres)"
command but NO c:\cygwin\home\postgres folder is created? What am I doing
wrong?

TIA

Godfrey