Re: Adding null values to arrays

From: Kathy Smith <ksmith(at)lanl(dot)gov>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding null values to arrays
Date: 2004-09-21 15:32:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

And FWIW from my end, an array that cannot contain null values seriously
affects the ability to utilize this tool in an application with any degree
of sophistication. As it stands now, if I have a bad value, I must
substitute a dummy value :( or null out the whole array and lose a lot of
info :(( One of the reasons we are testing the limits of postgreSQL is
because these features separate it from some of the other options. Hope to
see this fixed! Thanks for the feedback and for listening to me vent.
Kathy