Re: Add two missing tests in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl

From: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Yu Shi (Fujitsu)" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add two missing tests in 035_standby_logical_decoding.pl
Date: 2023-05-09 07:14:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 5/9/23 8:02 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 1:45 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
> <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Why not initialize the cascading standby node just before the standby
> promotion test: "Test standby promotion and logical decoding behavior
> after the standby gets promoted."? That way we will avoid any unknown
> side-effects of cascading standby and it will anyway look more logical
> to initialize it where the test needs it.

Yeah, that's even better. Moved the physical slot creation on the standby
and the cascading standby initialization where "strictly" needed in V2
attached.

Also ensuring that hsf is set to on on the cascading standby to be on the
safe side of thing.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-fix-retaining-WAL-test.patch text/plain 3.2 KB