initdb.exe error while installing postgres 8.0

From: Shashi Gireddy <gireddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb.exe error while installing postgres 8.0
Date: 2005-03-31 07:34:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,
When I tried to install Postgresql 8.0 on windows xp (ntfs) on my
system it gave me the following error:

initdb.exe Application error: the application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000022). Clikc on OK to to terminate the application.
then it gave me a message: Failed to run initdb: -1073741790 please
see logfile in c://.../8.0/tmp/initdb.log but there is nothing in that
file.
I turned off the firewall, disabled anti-virus, gave full control to
every one in security settings, still it didn't worked. I installed it
successfull on a different computer it worked fine.
can anybody help me. Thankx a million in advance.
thank you,
shashi.

--
Shashi Kiran Reddy. Gireddy,