Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

From: Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Cc: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Date: 2016-11-07 22:29:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le 04/11/2016 à 21:07, Karl O. Pinc a écrit :
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 16:58:45 +0100
> Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> I attached a v12 patch
> Attached is a comment patch which improves the comment
> describing CURRENT_LOG_FILENAME. It's been bugging me.
> I should have made this change long ago when I looked
> at all the other code comments but neglected to.
>
> The comment now matches other documentation.
>
> This applies on top of your v12 patch.

Here is the v13 of the patch, it applies your last change in comment and
some other changes:

- I've reverted the patch removing the call to logfile_writename in
open_csvlogfile function, it is required to write log filename at
startup when log_destination is set to csvlog. I could not find a better
place right now, but will try to see if we can avoid the call to
logfile_writename().
- Do not write current_logfiles when log_collector is activated but
log_destination doesn't contained stderr or csvlog. This was creating an
empty file that can confuse the user.
- I've changed the comment in doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml by addind the
following sentence: "This file is present only when logging_collector is
activated and when at least one of stderr or csvlog value is present in
log_destination."

--
Gilles Darold
Consultant PostgreSQL

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch_pg_current_logfile-v13.diff text/x-diff 14.7 KB