Senior Linux System Administrator with PostgreSQL Experience

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Senior Linux System Administrator with PostgreSQL Experience
Date: 2007-05-07 16:12:43
Lists: pgsql-jobs

myYearbook.com is a fast growing social networking community. We are looking
for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to manage our cluster of
servers.

In joining our team, you'll enjoy a fantastic office location, a creative
and fast-paced work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of
a fast-growing venture-backed company. Our work environment is
entrepreneurial and driven.

If you love what you do and have at least 3 years of systems administration
experience in a high traffic Linux environment, please send us a resume. We
currently have 20+ Linux servers are growing at an outstanding rate.

This job is on-site only, no telecommuting. 24x7 availability required with
normal office hours.

Requirements

- More than 3 years UNIX/Linux experience, and administration of
systems for a high-traffic web environment.
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting PostgreSQL
including backups, access administration (pg_hba.conf tuning), and
postgresql.conf tuning.

- Apache, lighttpd installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Clustering experience, including using SANs with shared file-systems
and dedicated hardware load balancing. Strong knowledge of Enterprise
storage (including Netapp EMC Isilon or Xiotech) and backup methodologies,
as well as enterprise-level System Management tools and services.
- Experience in high-volume email sending a plus.

- Working knowledge of Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, Perl, Bind, and PHP a
MUST
- Scripting skills in at least bash and Perl are highly desirable
- Experience capacity planning and tuning, investigating network
issues, and proposing and deploying new systems to remove bottlenecks.
- Experience with monitoring software to set up an alerts system for
outages. Experience in setting up backup plans through shell scripts.
- MUST be able install Linux distributions and compile custom
kernels. Experience with Gentoo, RHEL, and CentOS a plus.

- Experienced with TCP/IP network analysis and troubleshooting as it
applies to Linux/ environments.
- Familiarity with databases (mySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), with DBA
experience a major plus
- In-depth understanding of security technology and policy is
required. Technical problem solving with conformance to established or
proposed policies and procedures

Please send your resume in PDF format.

Gavin M. Roy
CTO