Re: [NOVICE] How to find details of arguments in all functions in postgre - One solution

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: venkatrao(dot)b(at)tcs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] How to find details of arguments in all functions in postgre - One solution
Date: 2010-03-06 11:52:43
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

On 6 March 2010 12:11, <venkatrao(dot)b(at)tcs(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to find some way, to list out all argument details in all
> functions in postgre(input parameter names, types and mode - in/out).
[...]
> Please suggest, if some better way is available of achieving this.
> Also, i want to know the way i am getting type of argument is right or not?
> Background - We have migrated one oracle database to postgre. Now from .Net
> for coding , we need a list of all functions and their types.

Does this give you what you want?

$ psql -c '\df schemaname.*' -h servername dbname username

If so, you can use the -E option to get psql to tell you the SQL
statement it uses to generate those results.

i.e.:

$ psql -E -c '\df schemaname.*' -h servername dbname username

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(at)gmail(dot)com>