Updatable Cursors, CTID, and Views

From: "Mark Dexter" <MDEXTER(at)dexterchaney(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Updatable Cursors, CTID, and Views
Date: 2004-07-27 22:25:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

From a prior posting on November 5, 2002, I found this text regarding
the use of CTID in the ODBC driver:

The driver uses CTID and OID to implement updatable cursors. Please turn
off the *Updatable cursors* DSN option if you don't like the behavior.
regards, Hiroshi Inoue
I am having a problem where I need to use updatable cursors with views.
It appears that the ODBC driver is trying to use the CTID and OID
columns and that views don't have these columns. Is it possible to use
updatable cursors with views via the PostgreSQL ODBC driver?
Thanks.