Messed up Postgresql

From: "Carlson, James \(Jim\)" <jcarlson(at)rti(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Messed up Postgresql
Date: 2006-12-01 12:31:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Background info -

I have a Red Hat 7.2 system that I am replacing with a Red Hat
Enterprise Rel 4 System.

I had my Red Hat Enterprise Rel 4 System all running as I wanted it, the
only problem was the database was not in sync. I tried to update the
data base by doing a tar out of the old. This failed. I know now of my
mistake, but now Postgresql on my Red Hat Enterprise Rel 4 System fails
to start. I have the steps documented on how to create it, but I cannot
get it to reload.

Can someone point me to how I can re-install the software to clean out
what I messed up?

Thanks,

Jim Carlson, Principal Scientist

RTI International

3040 Cornwallis Road

MCNC-Bldg. 1, Room 318

Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709

jcarlson(at)rti(dot)org

ph 919-248-9238

fax 919-248-1455

This email and its attachments contain confidential information which is
intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information
that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure and
may be subject to a Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement between the sender
and the recipient. It is intended only for the individual(s) or entity
named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to other.
Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by
calling the phone number indicated or by e-mail, and delete the e-mail
(including any attachment/s) subsequently.