Re: Copy Schema

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: "Derrick Betts" <derrick(at)blueaxis(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copy Schema
Date: 2006-07-28 06:22:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Jul 28, 2006, at 14:09 , Derrick Betts wrote:

> Is there a way to create a "template" schema, similar to modifying
> the template1 to use for new database creation?

Certainly. Any database can be used as a template. template1 is used
by default. Check out the CREATE DATABASE docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-
createdatabase.html

> I read that there is a way to restore a schema with pg_restore
> command. Is the best or only way to accomplish this?

Well, if you haven't loaded data into a database you want to use as a
template (or it only has data you want to include in the new
database), you can use CREATE DATABASE as well.

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net