Finding time in WAL logs

From: Pascal Robert <probert(at)os(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Finding time in WAL logs
Date: 2007-04-25 15:28:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm writing our backup procedure for using WAL and PITR, but to be
able to do a (mostly) perfect PITR, I need to find the time when a
error (DELETE FROM, DROP TABLE, etc.) was made so that I can do a
restore just before the error.

Does PostgreSQL has something similar to "mysqlbinlog" so that I can
look at the content of a WAL archive ? I tried enabling
"log_min_messages" at "info" level, but it doesn't log the date and
time of a executed statement, so that's not a solution.

pgsql 8.2.4 on RedHat Linux ES 4