Re: Minmax indexes

From: "Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Pg Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Minmax indexes
Date: 2013-11-11 08:53:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, November 8, 2013 21:11, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Here's a version 7 of the patch, which fixes these bugs and adds
> opclasses for a bunch more types (timestamp, timestamptz, date, time,
> timetz), courtesy of Martín Marqués. It's also been rebased to apply
> cleanly on top of today's master branch.
>
> I have also added a selectivity function, but I'm not positive that it's
> very useful yet.
>
> [minmax-7.patch]

The earlier errors are indeed fixed; now, I've been trying with the attached test case but I'm unable to find a query that
improves with minmax index use. (it gets used sometimes but speedup is negligable).

That probably means I'm doing something wrong; could you (or anyone) give some hints about use-case would be expected?

(Or is it just the unfinished selectivity function?)

Thanks,

Erikjan Rijkers

Attachment Content-Type Size
test.sh application/x-shellscript 2.1 KB