installation on postgresql on different port

From: Ramesh PVK <ramesh(at)effigent(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installation on postgresql on different port
Date: 2005-08-19 06:15:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
Anyone pls. help me. I have a postgres installation package for Mac
OS X.
After installation, Can i use my own user for configuring postgres,
instead of creating a postgres user.
Also how can I run it on different port, instead of the default port
(5432).
And lastly how can I uninstall postgres. I am using Mac OS X Tiger.

Thank you

Regards
Vijai