Re: Command tags in create/drop scripts

From: "Robert Haas" <Robert(dot)Haas(at)dyntek(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Zdenek Kotala" <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Command tags in create/drop scripts
Date: 2007-06-05 01:16:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's always seemed a little odd to me that Postgres should install a
command called "createuser" or "createlang", because it's entirely
non-obvious on first examination that these commands (which often live
in /usr/bin) have any connections with PostgreSQL. Shouldn't there be
at least be a "pg" in the name somewhere?

...Robert