Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date: 2016-04-12 16:14:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached version has fix of pg_dump suggested by Stephen
Frost<http://postgresql.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=75583>
in -committers thread.
http://postgresql.nabble.com/pgsql-CREATE-INDEX-INCLUDING-column-td5897653.html
Sooner or later, I'd like to see this patch finished.

For now, it has two complaints:
- support of expressions as included columns.
Frankly, I don't understand, why it's a problem of the patch.
The patch is already big enough and it will be much easier to add
expressions support in the following patch, after the first one will be
stable.
I wonder, if someone has objections to that?
Yes, it's a kind of delayed feature. But should we wait for every patch
when it will be entirely completed?

- lack of review and testing
Obviously I did as much testing as I could.
So, if reviewers have any concerns about the patch, I'm waiting forward
to see them.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
including_columns_9.7_1.patch text/x-patch 136.7 KB