syslog configurable line splitting behavior

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: syslog configurable line splitting behavior
Date: 2016-02-27 03:49:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Writing log messages to syslog caters to ancient syslog implementations
in two ways:

- sequence numbers
- line splitting

While these are arguably reasonable defaults, I would like a way to turn
them off, because they get in the way of doing more interesting things
with syslog (e.g., logging somewhere that is not just a text file).

So I propose the two attached patches that introduce new configuration
Boolean parameters syslog_sequence_numbers and syslog_split_lines that
can toggle these behaviors.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-syslog_sequence_numbers-parameter.patch application/x-patch 4.8 KB
0002-Add-syslog_split_lines-parameter.patch application/x-patch 4.6 KB