Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files
Date: 2016-02-26 00:47:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/29/16 1:24 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I think we should amend the archive tag for these kinds of objects to
>> > include the table name, so it might look like:
>> >
>> > 2153; 2604 39696 DEFAULT public test a rolename
>> >
>> > Comments?
> +1. I noticed that this limitation is present for triggers (as you
> mentioned), constraints, fk constraints and RLS policies which should
> be completed with a table name.

Thank you for collecting this list. Attached is a patch for this.

Tom thought this might require an archive version dump, but I'm not
sure. The tags are more of an informational string for human
consumption, not strictly part of the archive format.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-pg_dump-Add-table-qualifications-to-some-tags.patch application/x-patch 6.4 KB