Re: Sanity checking for ./configure options?

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sanity checking for ./configure options?
Date: 2016-02-22 23:24:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/5/16 10:08 AM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 06:02:57PM -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> I just discovered that ./configure will happily accept '--with-pgport=' (I
>> was actually doing =$PGPORT, and didn't realize $PGPORT was empty). What you
>> end up with is a compile error in guc.c, with no idea why it's broken. Any
>> reason not to have configure or at least make puke if pgport isn't valid?
>
> That seems like a good idea.

Patch attached. I've verified it with --with-pgport=, =0, =77777 and =1.
It catches what you'd expect it to.

As the comment states, it doesn't catch things like --with-pgport=1a in
configure, but the compile error you get with that isn't too hard to
figure out, so I think it's OK.

Attachment Content-Type Size
configure_port.patch text/plain 1.5 KB