Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

From: Artur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support
Date: 2015-10-26 11:37:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

20.10.2015 17:00, Artur Zakirov пишет:
> These flag types are used in affix files of such dictionaries as ar,
> br_fr, ca, ca_valencia, da_dk, en_ca, en_gb, en_us, fr, gl_es, is,
> ne_np, nl_nl, si_lk (from
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/).

Now almost all dictionaries are loaded into PostgreSQL. But the da_dk
dictionary does not load. I see the following error:

ERROR: invalid regular expression: quantifier operand invalid
CONTEXT: line 439 of configuration file
"/home/artur/progs/pgsql/share/tsearch_data/da_dk.affix": "SFX 55 0 s
+GENITIV

If you open the affix file in editor you can see that there is incorrect
format of the affix 55 in 439 line (screen1.png):

SFX 55 0 s +GENITIV

SFX parameter should have a 5 fields. There are no field between "0"
digit and "s" symbol. "+GENITIV" is the optional morphological field and
ignored by PostgreSQL.

I think that it is a error of the affix file. I wrote a e-mail to
info(at)stavekontrolden(dot)dk to the dictionary authors about this error.

What is the right decision in this case? Should PostgreSQL ignore this
error and do not show it?

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company