|From:||Marco Nenciarini <marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>|
|Subject:||Re: File based incremental backup v6|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
here it is another version of the file based incremental backup patch.
Changelog from the previous one:
* pg_basebackup --incremental option take the directory containing the
base backup instead of the backup profile file
* rename the backup_profile file at the same time of backup_label file
when starting the first time from a backup.
* handle "pg_basebackup -D -" appending the backup profile to the
resulting tar stream
* added documentation for -I/--incremental option to pg_basebackup doc
* updated replication protocol documentation
The reationale of moving the backup_profile out of the way during
recovery is to avoid using a data directory which has been already
started as a base of a backup.
I've also lightly improved the pg_restorebackup PoC implementing the
syntax advised by Gabriele:
./pg_restorebackup.py DESTINATION BACKUP_1 BACKUP_2 [BACKUP_3, ...]
It also supports relocation of tablespace with -T option.
The -T option is mandatory if there was any tablespace defined in the
PostgreSQL instance when the incremental_backup was taken.
Marco Nenciarini - 2ndQuadrant Italy
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support
marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it | www.2ndQuadrant.it
|Next Message||Andrew Dunstan||2015-01-27 17:55:42||Re: jsonb, unicode escapes and escaped backslashes|
|Previous Message||Andrew Gierth||2015-01-27 17:29:30||Re: Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric|