Re: speedup tidbitmap patch: cache page

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: speedup tidbitmap patch: cache page
Date: 2014-12-17 15:56:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You could well be right, but it would be good to compare the numbers just so we
> know this for sure.
I wasn't right :(

# set work_mem='64kB';
# set enable_seqscan = off;
Patched: 1194.094 ms
Master: 1765.338 ms

> Are you seeing the same?
Fixed too, the mistake was in supposition that current page becomes lossy in
tbm_lossify. It's not always true because tbm_lossify() could lossify only part
of pages and we don't know which. Thank you very much.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
tbm_cachepage-2.2.patch.gz application/x-gzip 865 bytes