What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..

From: Dimitri <dimitrik(dot)fr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..
Date: 2009-05-11 16:15:13
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi,

what may you suggest as the most optimal postgresql.conf to keep
writing as stable as possible?..

What I want is to avoid "throughput waves"  - I want to keep my
response times stable without any activity holes. I've tried to reduce
checkpoint timeout from 5min to 30sec - it helped, throughput is more
stable now, but instead of big waves I have now short waves anyway..

What is the best options combination here?..

Rgds,
-Dimitri

pgsql-performance by date

Previous:From: Stefan KaltenbrunnerDate: 2009-05-11 16:05:25
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL with PostGIS on embedded hardware