Re: Some info to share: db_STRESS Benchmark results

From: Dimitri <dimitrik(dot)fr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alexander Staubo" <alex(at)purefiction(dot)net>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Performance" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some info to share: db_STRESS Benchmark results
Date: 2007-05-31 20:19:15
Lists: pgsql-performance

Well, let's say I want to have compact graphs :)

So, few comments on graphs:
- Title: compact name of test and execution conditions
- Y-axis: is showing a value level (whatever)
- Legend: gives you a value Name and its metric (KB/s, Op/s, TPS, etc)

TPS: (transactions per second)
- ALL-tps TR_all: all transactions (READ+WRITE) per second level
- ALL-tps TR_Read: only READ tps level
- ALL-tps TR_Write: only WRITE tps level

I must say I was more intrested by databases tuning rather documenting
each my step... But well, without documenting there is no result :)
As well I did not think to compare database initially (don't know why
but it's always starting a small war between DB vendors :)), but
results were so surprising so I just continued until it was possible
:))

Rgds,
-Dimitri