create trigger on view

From: Camm Maguire <camm(at)enhanced(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create trigger on view
Date: 2002-12-18 18:56:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings! Somewhere between 7.1 and 7.2, creating triggers on insert
to a view has been disallowed. The docs still report it as a
possibility -- see rules vs. triggers. Worse, we have a postgres
database relying on this feature for several years now. What can I
do? I suppose I could use a rule, but all the insert rule examples I
can find in the docs have simple sql do instead clauses, whereas my
trigger called a rather involved plsql function.

Advice most appreciated.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire camm(at)enhanced(dot)com
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah