pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 / Pg - patch for PQescapeString

From: "patrick keshishian" <pkeshish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 / Pg - patch for PQescapeString
Date: 2006-04-04 22:47:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Greetings all,

I just wanted to send you the attached patch which adds the
PQescapeString interface to the Pg module.

Earlier today, I forwarded this patch to Edmund Mergl
<e {dot} mergl {at} bawue {dot} de>, he suggested that
I should forward this patch to the appropriate list, as he no
longer maintains this module. I assume he meant this list,
as I couldn't google another.

I also noticed that last discussions pertaining to this Perl
interfaces is years old. So, it may just be the case that it
might be a deprecated interface (hopefully I'm wrong).

Is there active maintenance of this module?

Two files that are touched are Pg.xs, which does the work, and
Pg.pm for the copy/paste documentation for PQescapeString()
function from PostgreSQL pdf doc.

I am not a XS expert, so I'd appreciate if you reviewed the patch
and if you find anything wrong you would let me know.

Hopefully you'll accept this change/patch :-)

Thanks,
--patrick

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql_perl5-1.9.0-patch-20060404 application/octet-stream 1.3 KB