Re: LDAP lookup of connection parameters

From: "Albe Laurenz" <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian *EXTERN*" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LDAP lookup of connection parameters
Date: 2006-07-26 15:33:52
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Albe Laurenz wrote:
>> This patch for libpq allows you to enter an LDAP URL in
pg_service.conf.
>> The URL will be queried and the resulting string(s) parsed for
>> keyword = value connection options.
>
> I have heavily modified your patch to be clearer. Please review the
> attached version and test it to make sure it still works properly.
> Thanks.

Most of your modifications are fine, but a quick look tells me that your
modifications in the parsing of the LDAP URL have been too invasive,
e.g.:

- you look for the port number in the 'dn' and not in the 'hostname'
- you check the validity of 'scopestr' and 'attrs[0]' before it is
'\0'-terminated

Would you prefer that I try to fix your fixes (and stick with your
coding style)
or do you want another go?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe