ERROR: Not enough resources are available to complete this request.

From: "Zubkovsky, Sergey" <Sergey(dot)Zubkovsky(at)transas(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: Not enough resources are available to complete this request.
Date: 2007-12-20 13:14:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I'm trying to call my PL/pgSQL stored procedure and receive the
following error message:

ERROR: Not enough resources are available to complete this request.

SQL state: P0001

With "client_min_messages = debug5" and "log_error_verbosity = verbose"
settings it looks like:

DEBUG: StartTransactionCommand

DEBUG: StartTransaction

DEBUG: name: unnamed; blockState: DEFAULT; state: INPROGR,
xid/subid/cid: 1357622/1/0, nestlvl: 1, children: <>

DEBUG: concurrent ROOT page split

CONTEXT: SQL statement "INSERT INTO "andbBusyGLines" SELECT 'Messages',
"UTC", 25 FROM "#clientReqParts_Messages""

PL/pgSQL function "_andbDoPrepareView_sp" line 61 at execute statement

SQL statement "SELECT * FROM "_andbDoPrepareView_sp"( $1 , $2 , $3
)"

PL/pgSQL function "_andbDoPrepareView_sp" line 124 at SQL statement

SQL statement "SELECT * FROM "_andbDoPrepareView_sp"( $1 , $2 , $3
)"

PL/pgSQL function "_andbDoPrepareView_sp" line 124 at SQL statement

PL/pgSQL function "PrepareView_sp" line 22 at assignment

ERROR: Not enough resources are available to complete this request.

SQL state: P0001

Where "andbBusyParts" is an ordinary table and
"#clientReqParts_Messages" is a temporary table.

I tried to increase 'shared_buffers', 'temp_buffers' and
'max_locks_per_transaction' settings appreciably (all others are
default).

But this didn't change anything.

How can I determine what kind of resource is unavailable or what is
wrong?

Thanks.