Re: Automatic export

From: "Daniel T(dot) Staal" <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Automatic export
Date: 2006-07-26 19:27:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, July 26, 2006 3:17 pm, Keith Worthington said:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to export several records of a single colum from a table in a
> database everytime that table is updated. The data needs to end up in a
> text file. Can someone give me an idea on where to get started? URL's to
> relevant documentation would be appreciated. TIA

I'd start here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/triggers.html

Write a trigger on insert/update on that table, and have it export the
records.

Daniel T. Staal

This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
local copyright law.