Re: Porting to Haiku

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Mark Hellegers <mhellege(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Porting to Haiku
Date: 2013-01-13 17:34:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/13/2013 12:18 PM, Mark Hellegers wrote:
>> I understand. I will start working on reapplying my patches to
>> master.
>> Git is still new to me, but I'm making progress.
>>
> I'm running into a little problem with applying my patches.
> It seems I made a quick fix in my port that I can't commit and I'm not
> sure what the best way to fix this is.

git commit -a

should be all you need to commit something. All commits in git are
local, so committing your changes won't hurt anyone else.

> The problem is that Haiku does have getrusage, but does not have all
> the fields as used in Postgresql.

What is it missing?

> If I undef HAVE_GETRUSAGE, the code that uses those fields is not
> compiled (see src/backend/trcop/postgres.c line 4338), but then it will
> include the rusagestub.h file (see line 38 of the same file). The
> rusagestub.h file contains all the definitions that already exist in
> Haiku, so then it trips over that. I commented out the include of the
> rusagestub.h file in my initial work, but that is obviously not a good
> idea as a patch. I can try to skip the include if compiling on Haiku,
> but I'm not sure this is the best way to do this.

I did get a haiku instance running yesterday. But I am kinda busy for a
few days - I'll try to take a peek at this later in the week. I suggest
you set up a repo at bitbucket or github that you can push your changes
to so people can pull them if necessary.

cheers

andrew