Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4
Date: 2012-09-12 03:19:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 11.09.2012 19:41, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 02:04 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:

>>> trac is available now, thanks to Dave.
>>>
>>> My patch fixes the issue you found.
>> I have downloaded and tested with 1.16.0 (Sep 7 2012). I am afraid my results disagree, the regression is still there, all of it. Just like in the
>> screenshot in the ticket.
>>
>> The other thing I reported seems fixed, though: "Bug in SQL script for indexes", where the SQL script used the table name instead of the schema name.
>>
> Then you should try to give me an SQL script that I can execute and that
> will show the same issue. Because I tried again, and I don't have the
> issue.

It affects 9 out of 10 tables here. Just like the screenshots
demonstrate. Items are missing from the context menu and the DEL key is
not working.
I have tried again an to find anything that would bind the rare cases
where it works normally together, but no luck.
If I recreate the table in another schema it stops to work.
If I restart pgAdmin, the same tables exhibit normal behavior, so it's
not totaly random.
pgAdmin 1.14.3 does not display the problem.

I fail to see how I could provide an SQL script.
Maybe it's specific to Windows (XP)?

Regards
Erwin