Re: Improving the isolationtester: fewer failures, less delay

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improving the isolationtester: fewer failures, less delay
Date: 2021-06-15 21:09:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> I'll have a v2 in a little bit --- the cfbot pointed out that there
> were some contrib tests I'd missed fixing, and I found a couple of
> other improvements.

Here 'tis. This passes check-world, unlike v1 (mea culpa for not
checking that). I also cleaned up the variant expected-files,
so it's now no worse than HEAD as far as failures in serializable
mode go.

I played a bit more with insert-conflict-specconflict.spec, too.
It now seems proof against delays inserted anywhere in the
lock-acquiring subroutines.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
improve-isolationtester-2.patch text/x-diff 157.9 KB