PostgreSQL infographics

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL infographics
Date: 2012-07-19 08:12:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi pgsql-advocacy,

Imho the Document Foundation is doing a pretty good PR job. In
particular, they're providing some simple yet very informative
infographics. Here's their last update :

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2012/07/17/libreoffice-infographics/

While this kind of numbers may not interest everyone, it shows very
clearly the dynamic and the growth of a project. And in our case, the
vitality and liveliness of the PostgreSQL Community is a great strength
that we need to advertise more.

I'm interested help building such infographics for the PostgreSQL
project but I believe this should be a collective work, with a long term
perspective. The numbers are not that hard to gather (pages hits on the
website ? , mail traffic on pgsql-hackers ? git stats ?) and we can find
even more stats from services like ohloh
(http://www.ohloh.net/p/postgres)... But I think the hard part will
keeping the numbers up-to-date and release a new version on a regular
basis (maybe once every semester ?)

Is anyone else interested by creating this infographic ?

--
damien