Re: pgAdmin III Bugs/Feature Requests

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <marktaff(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III Bugs/Feature Requests
Date: 2003-08-08 19:01:39
Lists: pgadmin-support

It's rumoured that Mark A. Taff once said:
> First off, thank you Dave, et. al. for continuing your work and

You're welcome.

> Font name and size settings in help: bug reporting: options dialog are
> not saved between uses

I'll have to check that.

> HTML help/documentation broswer does not allow setting/saving font
> name/sizes

The browser is not written by us unfortunately, but by the wxWindows
people. I don't think we can easily change it's settings.

> Generally speaking, all controls on all dialog boxes are too small, and
> fonts are too big, thus rendering it very difficult to guess what the
> control is for, or in some cases, making it impossible to use a
> control at all.

That sound's like the metrics on your system are a little odd. The
controls are generally sized to take the text from any of the languages we
support (in theory). I assume you're using English, which should fit fine.
Any chance of a screen shot?
> Fonts and sizes used in treeview and listview cannot be set.

Again, I'll have to check when I have the source to hand (I'm on my
daughter's PC right now).
> File->Options->Query->Font... settings are not saved until pgAdmin is
> closed

No, most settings are not saved until program close. I intend to tidy that
up.
> Main toolbar icons are too large

They should be the standard size for your window manager - can you get a
screen shot please.
> In data grid, double-clicking column header separator should expand
> column width to auto-fit column contents, don't you think?

Yes, eventually it should. I would also like sorting by clicking on the
column headers in some cases.
> In the treeview, when I have `Tables` highlighted, then right-click on
> `Views`, the popup menus should allow me to make a new View, not a
> table. Alternately, expand the `New Object` submenu to offer items
> for all main objects (aggregates through views).

That is the intended behaviour. You click a view (left or right) and
that's what it tries to create.
> Most of these issues likely stem from the fact I am working at 1280 x
> 1024 on a 19" monitor.

I run 1600 x 1280 on a 21" monitor!

Regards, Dave