help with lost pghoster website

From: Matt Wong <mwong04(at)gsb(dot)columbia(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help with lost pghoster website
Date: 2004-07-13 16:35:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am probably a bit late in doing this as I have been AWOL for a couple
weeks and only today found out about pghoster's disappearance.

I would like to ask for help from anyone-- ex-customer of pghoster or not--
regarding the disappearing the pghoster web hosting company (which was
listed on postgresql.org). I am trying to track down the company to a) find
out what happened to my site and my data, b) get back my data, c) ensure
that the data I entrusted with them is not being misappropriated, and d)
resolve any other disputes with them. Of course, if anyone has already
successfully done this, please tell me!

I have located pghoster's founder but haven't heard back from him. I also
called the number that was listed with my credit card company and it goes
to an unrelated person's voicemail.

Primarily, I'm just trying to get my data back. (I know, I should have
backed up more often, but I unfortunately started to believe the hosting
site's claims about backing up and having my data available and so I got
lazy in doing it myself and haven't done it in a while). Not to mention
that I think that pghoster owes its former customers-- both legally and
ethically-- more than we got (which was nothing-- no notice, no
explanation, no refund, no data, no contact info, no nuthin).

Thank you,
-Matt