Foreign key creation error

From: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Foreign key creation error
Date: 2003-08-11 13:17:23
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi!

I've tried creating in pgAdmin3. The generated SQL output was

CREATE TABLE public."KOMENTARJI"
(
"idKomentarja" bigserial NOT NULL,
"idRecepta" int8 NOT NULL,
"idUporabnika" int8 NOT NULL,
"Komentar" text NOT NULL,
"DatumVnosa" text NOT NULL,
"IPVnosa" text NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT "fkey_KOMENTAR_RECEPT" FOREIGN KEY (idRecepta) REFERENCES
"RECEPTI" (idRecepta) ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON DELETE RESTRICT,
CONSTRAINT "fkey_KOMENTAR_UPORABNIK" FOREIGN KEY (idUporabnika)
REFERENCES "UPORABNIKI" (idUporabnika) ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON DELETE
RESTRICT,
CONSTRAINT "pkey_KOMENTARJI" PRIMARY KEY ("idKomentarja")
) WITHOUT OIDS;

When hitting OK pgAdmin reported an error. I tried manually entering this
query by adding quotes to column names in the foreign key constraints:

CREATE TABLE public."KOMENTARJI"
(
"idKomentarja" bigserial NOT NULL,
"idRecepta" int8 NOT NULL,
"idUporabnika" int8 NOT NULL,
"Komentar" text NOT NULL,
"DatumVnosa" text NOT NULL,
"IPVnosa" text NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT "fkey_KOMENTAR_RECEPT" FOREIGN KEY ("idRecepta") REFERENCES
"RECEPTI" ("idRecepta") ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON DELETE RESTRICT,
CONSTRAINT "fkey_KOMENTAR_UPORABNIK" FOREIGN KEY ("idUporabnika")
REFERENCES "UPORABNIKI" ("idUporabnika") ON UPDATE RESTRICT ON DELETE
RESTRICT,
CONSTRAINT "pkey_KOMENTARJI" PRIMARY KEY ("idKomentarja")
) WITHOUT OIDS;

and the query was accepted, the table and everything created.

Did I do something wrong when creating the table and foreign keys? Or is
there some other reason that the column names in foreign keys weren't
wrapped with double quotes?

I am running Windows 2000, sp3, and I just today downloaded pgAdmin3 (win32
binary). I've been using English language.

Other than that it seems to be working great!

--
Regards,
Miha