Re: Restore Problem

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore Problem
Date: 2003-10-20 18:38:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

At 09:40 AM 10/20/2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>"Monica Robustelli" <monica_robustelli(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> > If I transfer the backup file to another Linux machine, Red Hat 9,
> Postgres
> > 7.3, I'v some problem during the database restoring. The error is:
>
> > ERROR: copy: line 13, CopyReadAttribute: end of record marker corrupted
>
>A likely bet is that you transferred the dump file in a manner that
>converted Unix newlines (\n) to Windows newlines (\r\n). COPY does not
>tolerate that (in releases before 7.4 anyway).

What then is the proper method of upgrading from and old release? I was
planning on :

pg_dumpall > alldata.sql
psql -f alldata.sql template1 postgres >&err.out&

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.