Re: [NOVICE] Trouble with pg_hba.conf and Access.

From: Neal Lindsay <neal(dot)lindsay(at)peaofohio(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Trouble with pg_hba.conf and Access.
Date: 2001-07-09 20:07:51
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-odbc

At 03:43 PM 7/9/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Neal Lindsay <neal(dot)lindsay(at)peaofohio(dot)com> writes:
> > I am currently getting the following error when trying to connect to my
> > PostgreSQL server on my LAN via Microsoft Access and ODBC.
>
> > No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.0.100, user neal, database mydb
> (#210)
>
> > The confusing thing is that I have set up my pg_hba.conf file in my data
> > directory. The actual text follows:
>
> > local all trust
> > host all 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 trust
> > host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
>
>It sure looks like the second line should match that connection request.
>I'd suggest double-checking for silly errors --- like, is the ODBC
>driver really connecting to the machine you think it is? Is the $PGDATA
>directory you are putting the conf file into actually the same one the
>postmaster is running in?
>
>Also, look in the postmaster's stderr log to see if any extra info is
>recorded there. (If you are starting the postmaster in a way that
>discards stderr, like using -S or redirecting stderr to /dev/null,
>now's a good time to stop.)
>
> regards, tom lane

I know that I am connecting to the right machine - it's the only one
running postgresql on this network. I double-checked the $PGDATA directory
- that's OK. The log file just has the same error as the one that pops up
in a box on my Windows machine. I'm really confused by this whole
problem. I even tried connecting from an other computer here in the office
- same problem.