RE: Writing Large Objects to Postgresql via ODBC using VB

From: Matt Dormer <matt(at)sproatley(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Writing Large Objects to Postgresql via ODBC using VB
Date: 2001-05-11 00:08:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc

At 12:15 AM 5/5/01 +0900, you wrote:
> [...]
When I connect to the database I use:

Dim Server As New Database_Servers
Dim Connect_String As String

If Server.dbDriver(DBid) = "SQL Server" Then

Connect_String = "UID=" & Server.User_Name(DBid) & _
";PWD=" & Server.User_Password(DBid) & _
";Driver={" & Server.dbDriver(DBid) & _
"};SERVER=" & Server.dbServer(DBid) & _
"," & Server.dbServerPort(DBid) & _
";DATABASE=" & Server.dbName(DBid)

Else

Connect_String = "UID=" & Server.User_Name(DBid) & _
";PWD=" & Server.User_Password(DBid) & _
";Driver={" & Server.dbDriver(DBid) & _
"};SERVER=" & Server.dbServer(DBid) & _
";DATABASE=" & Server.dbName(DBid)

End If

Set en = rdoEnvironments(0)
en.CursorDriver = rdUseOdbc
Set cn = en.OpenConnection( _
dsname:="", _
Connect:=Connect_String _
, Prompt:=rdDriverNoPrompt)

Ok... I added in the en=CoursorDriver = rdUseODBC and now I am getting:

S1090: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid String or buffer length

Any Ideas?

Matt.