Re: First SVG graphic

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First SVG graphic
Date: 2019-03-10 12:44:20
Lists: pgsql-docs

Please forget the term "plain SVG". What we are speaking about is:

(1) "Inkscape-original" format

(2) "Optimized SVG" format

(3) No. (2) plus"Manually modifications".

Obviously this is too complicate to handle. Therefore we shall also
forget no. (3).

I made a small modification to the generation process of (2) by throwing
the comments away (it's actually not documented in the wiki): "Save As"
/ "Optimized SVG Output" / "SVG Output" tab / "Remove comments"
checkbox. The result is an easy readable file, without comments, without
empty lines, diff-ing is easy. The only drawback is the strange <g
stroke="black"> element, which may confuse at the first glance. But I
can live with that. In a simple graphic it's obvious, what happens. In a
complex graphic the likelihood of such a situation is low. Regarding
comments, I believe tool-users will seldom use them. We can do without
comments in the svg files of the repository.

So find two files in the attachment: format (1): gin_Inkscape.svg and
format (2): gin.svg.

Kind regards, Jürgen Purtz

Attachment Content-Type Size
gin_Inkscape.svg image/svg+xml 8.4 KB