Re: Statistics Import and Export

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Statistics Import and Export
Date: 2024-03-29 06:25:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2024-03-26 at 00:16 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> I did take a closer look at v13 today. I have a bunch of comments and
> some minor whitespace fixes in the attached review patches.

I also attached a patch implementing a different approach to the
pg_dump support. Instead of trying to create a query that uses SQL
"format()" to create more SQL, I did all the formatting in C. It turned
out to be about 30% fewer lines, and I find it more understandable and
consistent with the way other stuff in pg_dump happens.

The attached patch is pretty rough -- not many comments, and perhaps
some things should be moved around. I only tested very basic
dump/reload in SQL format.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
vjeff-0001-Enable-dumping-of-table-index-stats-in-pg_dump.patch text/x-patch 15.3 KB