Re: Hung JDBC connections

From: Mike Charnoky <noky(at)nextbus(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hung JDBC connections
Date: 2012-06-08 18:57:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks for replying Dave.

Is this setTimeout new in the 9.1 version of the driver? We have been
using the latest 9.0 driver. Does the user of the JDBC API need to set
this timeout manually somehow? Does the driver maintain some sort of
keepalive communication with the server?

Again, it is very strange that the OS (for all client applications) did
not detect that the socket closed despite the fact that the server
rebooted. That's why I was wondering if an application level keepalive
was being used. We are using Sun's JVM, 1.6.0_30.

Mike