Re: xReader, double-effort

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xReader, double-effort
Date: 2012-04-27 22:19:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/26/2012 12:57 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't recall seeing any previous postings about the 2Q project,
> either. We should try to keep these discussions on-list.

First brought up two months ago to the list it seemed most relevant to
at the time:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cluster-hackers/2012-02/msg00001.php and
the solid commentary started coming out yesterday, right near the
approach of May as promised. There hasn't been much posted on hackers
about this out of respect for the extended CommitFest.

I personally suggested Aakash vent ideas out on pgsql-students (or here)
at the beginning of the month:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-students/2012-04/msg00002.php but
the next time I heard about the subject was the acceptance notice.