Re: pg_attribute file in PostgreSQL 9.0

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_attribute file in PostgreSQL 9.0
Date: 2012-03-07 17:14:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 03/07/2012 09:03 AM, Lukasz Brodziak wrote:
> Thanks a lot I have found file I needed let's hope I will be able to
> fix the problem now as I cannot connect to the database because I get
> 'catalog is missing 1 attribute for relation 2662' which I hope to be
> able to repair by getting the pg_attribute file from another db.

STOP! Don't touch anything just yet. Now we know the real reason for the
question.

Do you have an idea what may have caused this? Are there any relevant
errors in the log? What is the source of the file that you want to use
as a replacement? What version of PG? OS? Is the database able to start?
Are you attempting to connect as a superuser?

With this as a starting point you may get some valuable advice (though
from those people far more capable of answering this question than I).

Cheers,
Steve