Dynamic IP Addresses problem

From: Richard Dockery <Richard(dot)Dockery(at)unh(dot)edu>
To: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Richard Dockery <Richard(dot)Dockery(at)unh(dot)edu>
Subject: Dynamic IP Addresses problem
Date: 2004-03-16 16:26:29
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,
I am new to Postgres and have just got the server side and PGAdmin set up on
my windows system. I have the POSGRESQL.CONF tcpip_socket = true set to
allow TCP/IP traffic and have added the configuration to the PG_HBA file to
allow access to the user account running PGAdmin. All worked well until I
discovered we are set up with dynamic IP addresses. After rebooting my
machine the next day and getting a new IP address I can no longer connect
without modifying the address in the PG_HBA configuration file. My question
is this: Is there a way to mask the IP address in the configuration file so
that it is not dependent on a static address? ...or is there another way to
configure Postgres so that dynamic IP Addresses are not an issue when
connecting from windows machines?
Thank you,
Richard

Richard Dockery