Re: Slogans for 9.2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slogans for 9.2
Date: 2012-02-21 19:52:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>> The gag with the steam engine is that it is named elephant.
>
> That only works if people actually *know* that without having it
> explained. How many people can we expect to actually know it? I'd say
> a tiny amount only...

The poster I'm doing is going to have a race car and the "Full Throttle
Database" slogan. That's based on initial sketches the designer showed
me; the race car design is just more compelling.

FWIW, I agree that the whole "steam train" thing could lead to some
unfortunate associations.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.