Re: Slogans for 9.2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slogans for 9.2
Date: 2012-01-31 18:08:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> I do agree we don't want to lose sight of the "secure" aspect of PostgreSQL. One of the more convincing arguments I've made for using PostgreSQL in business cases is its adherence to data integrity. So it would become:
>
> Fast. Powerful. Secure. PostgreSQL.

While I think this is moving in the right direction, I want to emphasize
that this is a slogan for the 9.2 release, *not* for PostgreSQL in
general. What's new in the 9.2 release (pending some commits) is:

* lots of major perforamance improvements
* JSON support
* cascading replication

... there's no substantial new security features in 9.2 that I know of.

I like the Fast & Powerful, though -- it goes with the iconography I
have in mind for the image.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.