Re: One question about VACUUMDB command - please

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Sasa(dot)Petrovic(at)falc(dot)biz
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: One question about VACUUMDB command - please
Date: 2012-01-26 14:51:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 26-01-2012 05:31, Sasa(dot)Petrovic(at)falc(dot)biz wrote:
> Why this comand that I write belove ask me for password, even I create user
> into DB with same password like user on my server that execute this command?

PostgreSQL doesn't inherit authentication properties from operational system.
Instead you could use environment variables [1], pgpass.conf file [2] or even
tune pg_hba.conf [3] to not ask the password for certain host/user/database.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-envars.html
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-pgpass.html
[3] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

--