Re: help with Postgres forms (Pfm)

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <brooks(dot)glenn(at)comcast(dot)net>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help with Postgres forms (Pfm)
Date: 2012-01-20 14:15:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have been using M$ Access for about 12 years now to create forms to update postgresql data.
I use the postgresql odbc driver to establish a connection
There were a few issues to be worked out, for example getting Access and postgresql to agree on how to handle boolean fields, how to fetch the key field from postgresql after it adds a record (I think that has improved since I started with ver. 7.x), but really not much else.

If you are interested I can post a few details.

Fred Parkinson
Application Programmer
Association of Bay Area Governments
510-464-7931
>>> <brooks(dot)glenn(at)comcast(dot)net> 01/19/2012 9:43 PM >>>
Am trying to come up with a forms based front end (windows 7 localhost) to enter and update a lot of data in several related tables within 9.1.
I have tried to install Postgres Forms (PFM), but the app won'tconnect to my DP instance, it gives me a message that it: " couldn't execute psql.exe; no such file or directory exists.'

Well of course it exists, I see the executable in the 9.1 directory.

so how could I get PFM to read the psql.exe file?

I suspect i could in some directory within the Postgres structure, but am hesitant to just blindly throw installs around in my production evironment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! even, is there another forms app I could use?

wavemaker doesnt work either- it wont import my 9.1 database

Thanks very much for any assistance you all could offer.