Re: Nominations, and reasons

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nominations, and reasons
Date: 2012-01-10 17:51:48
Lists: pgeu-general

Hi ads, Guillaume,

On 10/01/2012 17:24, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 17:08 +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>> Well,
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 05:03:40PM +0100, Matteo Beccati wrote:
>>> Much easier than nominating someone who's not going to accept or having
>>> to privately check before sending out a nomination.
>>
>> Some people/cultures prefer not to nominate her-/himself.
>> If someone wants to nominate her-/himself, this way is open. Imho there
>> is no real problem here.
>>

> I, for one, don't like to nominate myself.

Sure, I understand and share the same concern, but I just thought it
would be quicker that way. Anyway, I didn't mean to start a flame and
I'm sorry for the noise!

That said, I'd like to nominate Gabriele Bartolini and Simon Riggs if
they are happy to accept the nomination.

And btw, of course I would have seconded any of your nominations, along
with Dave's if that wasn't useless already ;)

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/