Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE

From: ben hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE
Date: 2011-12-06 20:26:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/6/2011 3:20 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> I am for ECMA datestyle
>
> it is there but just is not public, if I remember well
>
> Theoretically some custom output/input transform routine can be very
> interesting - for domains, for boolean type - but on second hand - the
> usage of this feature is minimal and there is risk for less advanced
> users - so ECMA datestyle is very adequate solution.
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel

i don't particularly need anything other than ECMA datestyle - i was
just under the impression that a more generic solution was preferred.
so, ECMA is enough to stop me from making any more noise about this.

pavel, is there a way i can use this currently? if not, would it take
much effort to make this public?

thanks,

ben...